The renovation project at the Level 6 Cafeteria of the Canadian International School of Hong Kong aims at creating a comfortable yet eco-friendly environment for students, staff and other users. The cafeteria achieved Platinum rating under BEAM Plus Interiors (BI) v1.0 Accreditation.
Specific green features include use of sustainable products (flooring, ceiling, wall and door), daylight sensors, energy efficient microwave ovens, and provision of green wall.
Green Building Attributes
- The host building is located in close proximity to public transports and recreational facilities
- PV panels are installed in the host building
- Implementation of safety management, IAQ control and noise mitigation measures during construction period
- Procurement of green cleaning products
- Provision of waste recycling facilities for paper, plastic, metal, glass, and food waste
- Adoption of non-CFC based refrigerants and thermal insulation materials
- Over 50% of modular design elements are adopted
- Over 95% of newly installed interior components (wall, floor, ceiling and door) contain recycled contents, and are manufactured from factory which implements an Environmental Management System
- Over 65% of newly installed interior components are manufactured locally within 800km
- Provision of daylight sensor dimming controls consumption
- Procurement of energy-efficient appliances under Voluntary Energy Efficiency Labelling Scheme (VEELS)
- Installation of digital network energy meters to monitor MVAC and electrical system
- Over 45% of Lighting Power Density (LPD) reduction compared to the statutory requirement
- Water quality are compliant with WSD standard and BEAM Plus requirement in 15 parameters
- Provision of water efficient faucet, dual flush water closet and sensor type urinal
Indoor Environmental Quality
- Attainment of IAQ Good Class
- Provision of 6m2 green wall
- Over 60% of seating have a direct line of sight to atrium
- Interior lighting quality of all normally occupied area meets the CIBSE recommendation in terms of uniformity, glare index and CRI.