Cathay Pacific has invested 1.8 billion Hong Kong dollars to construct a new Vogue Laundry plant at the Yuen Long Industrial Estate. This 250,000 square feet, purposely built plant becomes the biggest and most automated laundry in East Asia. The new plant is a BEAM Plus Gold standard building using environmental friendly building material with energy savings equipment and water recycling facilities.
- Over 40% of the site covering the greenery to provide pleasure environment for the occupants and positive contribution of ecological value of the development.
- Over 90% of total roof area using high emissivity roofing material and vegetation to mitigate heat island effect.
- Over 70% of timber products from sustainable sources.
- Over 90% of demolition wastes and over 60% of construction wastes recycled.
- Over 28% of annual energy consumption saved due to energy efficient design of the development (e.g. lighting system with low LPD, high performance of lift system, orientation of the building, etc.)
- Separated energy meters installed to measure the electricity consumption of each type of equipment, e.g. MVAC system, lifts, lighting, pumping system, etc.)
Indoor Environmental Quality
- Construction IAQ management implemented during the construction period to minimize the adverse impacts on the indoor air quality from the construction works.
- Flush-out and filter replacement conducted after the completion of the construction works and before occupancy.
- Outdoor ventilation rate exceeding AHSRAE 62.1:2007 requirements by over 30% designed in the development to provide effective delivery to support the well-being and comfort of the occupants.