No. 8 Wyndham Street, a 30-storey Grade A commercial building, is managed by Nan Fung Property Management, accommodates more than 89,600 sq. ft. of retail and office areas. Through various environmental protection initiatives, including installation of the Building Management System (BMS) and water-saving sensible water faucet, implementation of LED lighting and Bio-food Waste Decomposer, etc., No. 8 Wyndham Street strives to promote green culture. Besides, with the replacement of the new chiller system, No. 8 Wyndham Street further reduces 20% of electricity consumption.
Building Management System
- The chiller system, MVAC and the lighting system are centrally controlled by an integrated Building Management System (BMS) which could further enhance the overall energy performance of the property. Besides, real-time monitoring through BMS on the plumbing system is also available to provide flooding alerts.
Water-saving Sensible Water Faucet
- Water-saving sensible water faucet and dual flushing buttons are installed in all toilets. It can avoid unnecessary waste of fresh and flushing water.
- Light-emitting diode (LED) installation instead of T8 fluorescent is applied in the lift lobby, corridors and all common areas, taking its advantages of a relatively long product life, cost effectiveness and low energy consumption.
- A bio-food waste decomposer has been in application since 2018. All tenants and our staff are encouraged to participate in the recycling campaign to convert the food waste collected into fertilizer. Also, collection service of recyclables is provided to tenants, including papers, plastic bottles and aluminum cans, to promote the awareness of environmental protection.
- With several e-channel installations at the G/F lift lobby such as e-Directory, e-Poster and e-Notice Stands, the paperless culture has been established and promoted at the property. Notices are also sent to all tenants via email.