ALASSIO is a residential development located at 100 Caine Road, Mid-Levels West, with a site area of approximately 2018 m2. The project is Swire Properties’ forth residential development in Mid-Levels West. The building has completed a remarkable community together with AZURA, ARGENTA and AREZZO.
ALASSIO itself was not only designed to provide a healthy and comfortable interior spaces for the building occupants with a diversified greenery podium, an outdoor heated swimming pool and high-quality clubhouse facilities, but it was also built in conscious of a variety of sustainable measures such as use of eco-friendly materials, reduced impact on micro-climate, improved acoustic performances and views, etc. The building has achieved the BEAM Plus Final Platinum rating.
- Over 30% soft landscaping and water features are provided to enhance the quality of living environment.
- More than 94% of total hard landscape area have adopted pervious materials to decrease surface runoff, minimize drainage load and reduce the urban heat island effect.
- AVA study was carried out to demonstrate that the best building design option was adopted to minimize the wind flow impact to adjacent buildings.
- CFD analysis was conducted to demonstrate that no pedestrian area will be subject to excessive wind velocities caused by amplification due to the site layout and building design.
- Waste separation, recycling and other green measures were implemented during construction. Over 60% by weight, of construction waste have been recycled.
- Over 85% of total materials are sourced locally within 800km from the site which can reduce the environmental impact due to transportation.
- Over 88% by cost of timber products, including doors, wooden floors, kitchen cabinets and interior fittings are from sustainable sources.
- Over 34% of outside surface works and structures such as pavers, timber wall and deck are recycled materials.
- This project brings together the most advanced energy-saving and carbon emission reduction technologies. For example, LED lightings with timer control are adopted in corridors and lift lobbies, insulated glass unit (IGU) and low window to wall ratio are incorporated into the facade to enhance energy performance, high efficient split type A/C units, VRV system and power regenerative lifts are adopted. In addition, power meters are thoroughly installed to facilitate future energy audit and user-friendly operation and maintenance. These measures help the building to achieve approximately 19% annual energy saving in comparison with EMSD’s BEC requirements.
- Wind Tunnel Test and Life Cycle Assessment were carried out to demonstrate that the strategy of low embodied energy in major elements of building structure have been adopted.
- Clothes Drying Facility is provided for each flat unit. The balconies are located away from pollutants emitted from water heaters, cooking exhausts and discharge from A/C outdoor units or refuse storage and material recovery room.
- 100% of all applicable home appliances and equipment are certified energy efficient products.
Indoor Environmental Quality
- IAQ complies with ‘Good Class’ criteria under EPD’s IAQ Guidance Notes. Adequate ventilation is provided to carpark, kitchens and bathrooms where may be the source of potential pollutants. Independent mechanical ventilation system with air purifier or active carbon filter are provided for refuse collection rooms to minimise the pollutant emission.
- Over 90% of normally occupied spaces (i.e. bedrooms, living rooms, clubhouse area) are adequately lit with an average daylight factor of 2% or more with suitable daylight glare control in place.
- On site noise measurement was conducted and demonstrated that airborne noise isolation between rooms, spaces and premises meets the prescribed criteria. Background noise levels are also within the prescribed criteria.
- Dual flush toilets, low-flow taps and water efficient washing machines have been adopted which helps to reduce 43% annual water consumption and 48% annual sewage discharge.
Innovations and Additions
- This project has adopted eProject Management System (ePM) which is a web-based electronic platform developed by Swire Properties Ltd. It provides a central communication and collaboration platform among the project team members. One of the objectives is to reduce paper usage and enhance the efficiency of communication by using electronic documents.
- 11 enhanced provisions for access for disabled person being designed in the development.