Hong Kong Academy - New School Campus in Sai Kung N.T.
Classrooms are large and airy with floor to ceiling windows that provide abundant natural light
Landscaped areas are utilised as a sustainability learning tool
Cafeteria is a flexible space used for a variety
of purposes including student lunches,
community events and exhibitions
Captivating learning environment
Sharing facilities with the wider community
Hong Kong Academy achieved the provisional BEAM Plus certificate for its innovative design. This environmentally friendly campus encompasses water, energy, waste, procurement, business management, transport, and well-being benefits. HKA classrooms lead the way in the provision of exceptional air quality, natural light, and energy efficient temperature control. Using our building as a springboard for the educational program, HKA leverages the design as a powerful teaching tool for the entire community.
Hong Kong Academy, located in Sai Kung, is an independent, nonprofit, coeducational day school for students ages 3-18. For more information, visit hkacademy.edu.hk
- Displacement ventilation system for classrooms and public areas to supply fresh and cool air at lower level. This not only improves the indoor air quality by removing contaminants in the occupied zone, but reduces the room cooling load when compared to conventional overhead mixing system.
- Landscaping including edible gardens, green roof, porous paving, and provisional green walls. Edible permaculture learning gardens, waste reduction, recycling, and composting programmes are initiated by the Student Organisation for Sustainability and Garden Ambassadors as well as the school’s in-house office of sustainability.
- Digital power meters which monitor power consumption for zoned areas throughout the school. This information is made available to all students as a learning resource.
- Wider community use of facilities which includes availability of sport and performing arts facilities through “Application for hire” form.
- Energy efficient appliances including refrigerating appliances, washing machines and dehumidifiers.